The processing of personal data is governed by The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU).
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location information or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people.
Data Processors are responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data Controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
What we collect
L&R may collect the following information:
- Job Title
- Contact information to include postal address, email address and telephone
- Demographic information such as postcode
What we do with the information we collect
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Internal record keeping
- Send promotional emails/newsletters about our products and services
- Contact you to arrange meetings and training on our products and services
- We may use your information to customise online advertising according to your interests.
- Contact you for market research purposes.
We may contact you by:
- Direct Mail
L&R will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are obliged or permitted to do so by law.
Using my personal data: the legal basis and purposes
L&R will process your personal data:
As necessary for your own legitimate interests e.g.:
Data security is of great importance to L&R. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect.
Cookies are small pieces of information that the website places on your computer’s hard drive, tablet or smartphone. Cookies identify your computer/device rather than you as an individual.
L&R use a combination of both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies keep track of your current visit and how you navigate the site, these cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies enable the website to recognise you as a repeat visitor, these will be removed on a predetermined expiry date, or when deleted by you.
- Identifying which pages are being used – we only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system
- Monitoring which pages you find useful and those you do not
- Remembering your username and password when you return to the website
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer.
Who we share it with
We do not share data with other organisations unless the law permits us to do so. We do not sell individuals information. We will share it only with our authorised Data Processors, who must act at all times on our instructions as the Data Controller under the GDPR.
Links to other websites
How long we keep it for
L&R retains your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purpose it was obtained. L&R ensures personal data is securely disposed of when no longer needed to reduce the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant.
The following criteria are used to determine data retention periods for your personal data:
Retention in case of queries: L&R will retain your personal data as long as necessary to deal with your queries (e.g. contact for product related queries)
Retention for legitimate interests: L&R will retain your personal data as long as necessary for your own legitimate interests (e.g. to arrange training)
Retention of consent: L&R will retain your personal data until you unsubscribe or we receive notification of a change of profession or an email delivery failure
Controlling your personal information
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- The right to withhold information
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which L&R holds about you
- The right to request that L&R corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for L&R to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (data portability)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that data.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible on the below addresses. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Accessing your own data
You can change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter or contacting us direct.
You can let us know by sending the following details (Forename, Surname, Job Title, Work address) to:
L&R Medical UK Ltd.
1 Wellington Court
Burton upon Trent
Email us at [email protected]
A189 V2.1 01.05.2018